My wife is going out of town for the weekend so I’m going to watch some movies that she can’t stand to watch. If I’m honest, she doesn’t mind action movies. She’s a fan of The Matrix and sits through solid action movies pretty well but it makes a better story if she doesn’t. For example:
oh MAN I am SO STOKED my lady is heading out for a few days so I’m TOTALLY going to BRO DOWN with the DVR and Netflix with all those shows she is NEVER letting me watch right after I make dinner for the kids, put them to bed, do the dishes and clean the kitchen and if I have any energy left at all it’s DUDE TIME FOR BRO TIME, dude.
Netflix has some manly shows to choose from:
- The Grey with Liam Neeson
- A couple of Jason Stratham movies, Redemption and Parker
- Terminator 2, which is probably worth a re-watch
- 70’s action – Escape from Alcatraz, Charley Varrick
- In Bruges with Collin Farrel
- Westerns – The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- Foreign – 13 Assassins, The Man From Nowhere, A New World, Valhalla Rising, The Good, the Bad, and The Weird, Sleepless Night, Sonatine
- Bruce Lee! – Big Boss, Game of Death
- B-Movies – Dylan Dog, DeathStalker
Actually the longer I look at it it’s an embarrassment of riches. If I can make it through a few of them between the time my kids go to bed and the time I need to get up to get them going it’ll be a miracle. But that’s the plan. Any of these stand out? Better than the others? Other suggestions I can watch without going to a video store?